Children & Youth Summer Director
Reports to: Sarah Wight, Maple Hill’s Children and Youth Coordinator
The applicant will be required to effectively complete the children and youth summer
projects, events and responsibilities assigned throughout the duration of the contract, including multiple
children’s summer day camps. This position and its duties may be altered to reflect the restrictions and
limitations enforced by the government due to the coronavirus. This job is a short-term contract position
starting Monday May 31, 2021 for 12 weeks at 35 hours per week and expires on August 20, 2021. Hours
will vary day to day and will include some evenings and weekends.
Number of hires for this role: 2
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – including but not limited too:
Organize and plan multiple children’s summer camps
• Recruit, lead and work with volunteers for positions or tasks as needed
• Work with and train volunteers to adequately perform their responsibilities within expectations
• Keep records of volunteers and training
• Develop a process to follow-up with volunteers and children’s summer camp attendees
• Accounting: Log all incoming and outgoing funds on a budget sheet.
Assist Children & Youth Coordinator in her tasks
• Additional tasks will be assigned at the discretion of the Children & Youth Coordinator.
• Report to the Children & Youth Coordinator with all questions, concerns, and for assignments.
• Participate in weekly office staff meetings.
• Maintain a record of hours worked and tasks completed. (Hours for attended events may be logged,
with the approval of the Children & Youth Coordinator).
• Solid and consistent, Jesus-centered spiritual life preferred.
• High school diploma, equivalent or active enrollment in school.
• Experience working with children or working at/managing children’s camps preferred.
• First Aid and CPR training preferred.
• Ability to pass a vulnerable sector check.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, organization and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated excellence in accountability and responsibility.
• Physically able to complete moderately active tasks such as lifting and carrying items, painting etc.
• Preferred skills and traits: Positive attitude, caring, teachable, adaptable, hard working, self-motivated, proactive, and confidential.